|Jonny Wilkinson OBE|
Wilkinson semasa latihan pada Februari 2007
|Full name||Jonathan Peter Wilkinson|
|Date of birth||25 Mei 1979 (35 tahun)|
|Place of birth||Frimley, Surrey, England, United Kingdom|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||13 st 12 lb (88 kg)|
|School||Lord Wandsworth College|
|Occupation(s)Templat:Space||Pemain kesatuan ragbi profesional|
|Rugby union career|
|Position||Fly-half, Inside Centre|
Jonathan Peter Wilkinson OBE (lahir 25 Mei 1979 di Frimley, Surrey) adalah seorang pemain kesatuan ragbi Inggeris dan seorang ahli pasukan kesatuan ragbi kebangsaan England. Dari 2001-2003, sebelum dan semasa Piala Dunia Ragbi 2003, Wilkinson meningkat masyhur dan diiktiraf sebagai salah seorang pemain ragbi terbaik di dunia. He was an integral member of the 2003 Rugby World Cup winning England squad, scoring the winning drop goal in the last minute of extra time against Australia. He plays his club rugby in the Guinness Premiership for Newcastle Falcons. Wilkinson has also toured twice with the British and Irish Lions, in 2001 and 2005, scoring 67 Test points in the 6 Lions test matches he has started.
Due to a litany of injuries — variously, of the knee ligaments, arm, shoulder and kidney — he did not appear again for England after the World Cup until 1,169 days later in their opening game of the 2007 Six Nations Championship against Scotland on 3 February 2007. In his comeback England match, Wilkinson scored 27 points in the game (a record in the Calcutta Cup) and was awarded Man of the Match. The following week against Italy, he became the highest point-scorer in the history of the Five/Six Nations Championship. On 6 October 2007, he also became the highest point-scorer in the history of the World Cup, kicking four penalties to overtake Scotland's Gavin Hastings in a quarter final against Australia. In the 2008 Six Nations in the match against Italy he became the first English player (and second overall) to score 1000 test points. He is also the world record drop goal scorer in international rugby with a total of 29. In March 2008, he became the international rugby record points scorer, overtaking Neil Jenkins of Wales.
Rujukan[sunting | sunting sumber]
- "Jonny Wilkinson OBE". www.england-rugby.com. http://www.england-rugby.com/englandrugby/index.cfm?fuseaction=News.News_Detail&storyid=4198.
- "Jonny Wilkinson MBE". news.bbc.co.uk. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/special_events/new_year_honours/2615045.stm.
- "Wilkinson: The Comeback Kid". news.bbc.co.uk. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/6313753.stm.
- "Wilkinson relief after comeback". news.bbc.co.uk. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/6328327.stm.
- "Jonny Drops His Way to World Record". www.england-rugby.com. http://www.england-rugby.com/englandrugby/index.cfm?fuseaction=News.News_Detail&storyid=19123.
- "Jonny Wilkinson claims Test points record". www.telegraph.co.uk. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/03/08/urwilk108.xml.
Bacaan lanjut[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Wilkinson, Jonny, (2001, 2002). Lions and Falcons: My Diary of a Remarkable Year, Headline Book Publishing, (ISBN 0-7472-4243-7)
- Wilkinson, Jonny, (2004). My World, Headline Book Publishing, (ISBN 0-7472-4276-3)
- Wilkinson, Jonny, (2005). How to Play Rugby My Way, Headline Book Publishing, (ISBN 0-7553-1337-2)h
Pautan luar[sunting | sunting sumber]
|Wikimedia Commons mempunyai media berkaitan: Jonny Wilkinson|
- Bless Jonny's Boot before the World Cup Final
- "Wilkinson suffers another injury"
- Jonny's official Site
- Newcastle Falcons profile
- Behind the Wilkinson myth
- Adidas.com profile
- England Rugby profile
- itsrugby.co.uk profile
- Jonny Wilkinson photo 1 at sporting-heroes.net
- Jonny Wilkinson photo 2 at sporting-heroes.net
- Jonny Wilkinson photo 3 at sporting-heroes.net
- Quest for perfection still drives Wilkinson
- Portrait of Jonny Wilkinson on eve of final 2007
|IRB International Player of the Year
|BBC Sports Personality of the Year