The All-American Rejects
The All-American Rejects di Minneapolis, Minnesota
|Juga dikenali sebagai||AAR|
|Berasal dari||Stillwater, Oklahoma,
|Genre||Rock alternatif, Power pop|
The All-American Rejects adalah sebuah kumpulan muzik rock Amerika Syarikat yang berasal dari Oklahoma, ditubuhkan pada 1999. Band ini terdiri daripada vokalis utama dan pemain gitar bes Tyson Ritter, pemain gitar Nick Wheeler dan Mike Kennerty, dan pemain dram Chris Gaylor.
Album studio pertama mereka yang juga menggunakan nama mereka sendiri, The All-American Rejects muncul pada tahun 2002 yang terkenal dengan lagu "Swing, Swing". Penjualan album tersebut hampir mencecah satu juta salinan dan juga diiktiraf sijil RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).
Album kedua mereka, Move Along, 2005, mencipta satu kejayaan yang begitu cemerlang. Album ini menghasilkan tiga lagu hits mereka, "It Ends Tonight", "Dirty Little Secret" dan "Move Along". Lagu "Dirty Little Secret" dan "It Ends Tonight" mencapai 10 teratas dalam Billbard Hot 100, manakala "Move Along" hanya di tangga 15. "Dirty Little Secret" dan "Move Along" dianugerahkan platinum kerana penjualan digital sebanyak dua juta di Amerika Syarikat. Album Move Along juga dianugerahkan platinum berganda oleh RIAA.
Album ketiga The All-American Rejects iaitu When the World Come Down muncul pada 16 Disember. Single pertamanya ialah "Gives You Hell" menarik perhatian peminat antarabangsa. Lagu ini juga berjaya mendapat no. 4 dalam carta Billboard Hot 100 dan no. 2 dalam carta Billboard Pop 100, begitu juga dalam carta UK Singles lagu ini termasuk dalam senarai 20 teratas dan no. 3 dalam carta Australian ARIA Singles.  Semenjak awal kerjaya mereka, The All-American Rejects telahpun menjual 10 juta salinan lagu di seluruh dunia.
Sejarah[sunting | sunting sumber]
Penubuhan band dan The All-American Rejects (1999–2004)[sunting | sunting sumber]
Band ini didirikan di Stillwater, Oklahoma pada 1999. Ketika itu Tyson Ritter dan Nick Wheeler masih berada di bangku sekolah. Tyson dan Nick bertemu di parti sekolah. Pertama kali mereka mencadangkan nama band mereka ialah: "The All-American Rejects" dan "The Rejects". Nama ini banyak dipengaruhi leh The Cure, Jawbreaker dan Green Day. The band formed in Stillwater, Oklahoma, in 1999 while members Tyson Ritter and Nick Wheeler were still in high school. Tyson and Nick met at a middle school party where, surprisingly Tyson was the doorman. The name of the band came from two suggestions: "The All-Americans" and "The Rejects". Influenced by The Cure, Jawbreaker, and Green Day, the two began to tour the American Midwest, along with drummer Tim Campbell. At the shows, they gave out the Same Girl, New Songs EP, full of demos of songs written by the band. Due to tensions in the band, Tim Campbell left. Same Girl, New Songs soon was sent to independent Doghouse Records, where an intern saved the disc from the trash, and revealed it the label owner. The All-American Rejects were soon signed to a recording contract. 
In 2001, with producer Tim O'Hier, they recorded their self-titled debut album, The All-American Rejects, and released it along with single "Swing, Swing" towards the end of 2002. Edmond, Oklahoma residents Mike Kennerty and Chris Gaylor joined shortly after. They were then signed by DreamWorks Records and both the album and single were reissued. "Swing, Swing" peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 at #60 as well as #8 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart, and the debut album peaked at #25 on the Billboard 200. The single "The Last Song" was also released spring 2003, and climbed to #29 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart.
Then, in spring 2002 The All-American Rejects set out on their first headlining tour, called the Too Bad For Hell Tour. In later 2003, The All-American Rejects released, Live from Oklahoma... The Too Bad for Hell DVD!, their first live DVD – which was later certified Gold by the RIAA. During this time, they performed on the Vans Warped Tour. They would later be part of the lineup again in 2005.
Move Along (2005–2006)[sunting | sunting sumber]
In the summer of 2005, The All-American Rejects released their second studio album, Move Along, produced by Howard Benson. The album's first single, "Dirty Little Secret", was also released in the summer to radio stations.
At the end of 2005 The All-American Rejects embarked on The Rise of the Fall tour along with The Academy Is... and Rooney. Then, on December 13 The Bite Back EP was released on the iTunes music store, followed in 2006 by the second single from Move Along, "Move Along". Within the first weeks after premiering their video, it had been on the Total Request Live countdown, hitting number one four days in a row. The single didn't peak on Billboard Hot 100 until almost six months after its release, in June. Also, in May 2006, The All-American Rejects performed at VH1 Rock Honors, covering Def Leppard's "Photograph".
The music video for "Move Along" was later nominated for "Best Editing in a Video" and "Best Group Video" at the 2006 MTV Video Music Awards, the latter of which they won. In addition, the band performed "Move Along" at the show on August 31, 2006. The band was also nominated at the Teen Choice Awards for "Choice Rock Group" and "Choice Rock Track" for " Move Along".  On New Year's Eve 2005, the band performed The Cars' "Good Times Roll" with Fall Out Boy on MTV.
In September 2006 the band's fourth single, "It Ends Tonight", was released from Move Along. The video debuted at number 10 on the VH1 Top 20 countdown. The video also peaked at #2 on TRL. Later in the year The All-American Rejects launched the Tournado tour in support of Move Along and "It Ends Tonight". The tour kicked off at Hartford, Connecticut on October 27, and wrapped up at Champaign, Illinois on December 20.
When the World Comes Down (2007–present)[sunting | sunting sumber]
The All-American Rejects then began writing material for their third studio album. The band also collaborated with composer Danny Elfman on "The Future Has Arrived", which was contributed to the soundtrack of Disney film Meet the Robinsons. The song was created in junction to the film's musical score.
On July 17, 2007 The All-American Rejects released their second live DVD, titled Tournado, with content from the 2006 headlining tour of the same name. In December 2007 the songs "Move Along" and "Dirty Little Secret" were released as downloadable content in the video game Rock Band. In the summer of 2008, The All-American Rejects canceled their dates on that year's Warped Tour to complete When the World Comes Down. The demo of the song "I Wanna" appeared in the movie, The House Bunny, in which Tyson Ritter played a minor role. The demo for the song "Real World" also was selected for the soundtrack of Madden 09. Also during the summer they covered "Jack's Lament" from The Nightmare Before Christmas, which was featured on Nightmare Revisited.
On September 30, 2008 the first single from When the World Comes Down was released: the vengeful "Gives You Hell". October 8, 2008 The All-American Rejects were inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame, and were awarded with "Rising Star ". The music video for "Gives You Hell" was released November fifth and reached number one on VH1's Top 20 Countdown. On the sixth, in support of "Gives You Hell", the band started the Gives You Hell Tour, which hit many small venues and clubs. Then, on the eighteenth "Mona Lisa (When the World Comes Down)", another song from the band's upcoming album, was released digitally on iTunes. In the first week of December, the album version of "Real World" was made available for download on Rock Band for the Xbox 360/Playstation 3.
Finally, three years after Move Along was released, the group's third album, When the World Comes Down, was released on December 16, 2008. After the Gives You Hell Tour wrapped up, the band embarked on a world tour until coming back to the states to start the I Wanna Rock Tour, which hit many major venues in the United States.
In May of 2009 The All-American Rejects released a second single in the United States, entitled "The Wind Blows", which received moderate success. "I Wanna" was released internationally on July 8, targeting major countries Australia and the United Kingdom. Another song from When the World Comes Down, "Real World", is featured on the "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" soundtrack released on June 23, 2009, but is not featured in the film. In July, both "Real World" and "I Wanna" were released as singles in the United States in their own respective formats, with "I Wanna" receiving the hand in promotion. In late summer The All-American Rejects joined Weezer and Taking Back Sunday for the second half of the Blink-182 Reunion Tour.
0n the 15th of August The All-American Rejects made history, performing alongside Hoobastank, Raygun, Boys Like Girls, Pixie Lott and Kasabian as one of the live acts at Asia's very first MTV World Stage Live In Malaysia concert. This performance gained them recognition in Malaysia. When the World Comes Down soon sold over 15,000 digital and physical copies, a large amount for a country of that size.
In October 2009, The All-American Rejects were forced to cancel shows due to an injury to frontman Tyson Ritter. He performed from a wheelchair with his leg in a brace on September 27 during a show in Tampa, Florida, amid reports suggesting the singer had undergone knee surgery to remove a tumor. Ritter's wound had then received an infection and stayed in the hospital for five days. Tyson Ritter made a full recovery in time to return to kick off a co-headlining tour with Taking Back Sunday, with the first date at MSU in Michigan.
In an interview with Shave Magazine, Mike Kennerty revealed that the band may have a new album out by the end of 2010.
Band members[sunting | sunting sumber]
Current members[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Tyson Ritter – lead vocals, bass, piano (1999–present)
- Nick Wheeler – lead guitar, backing vocals, keyboards (1999–present)
- Mike Kennerty – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2002–present)
- Chris Gaylor – drums, percussion (2002–present)
Former members[sunting | sunting sumber]
Discography[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Studio albums
Awards and Nominations[sunting | sunting sumber]
Rujukan[sunting | sunting sumber]
- "Gold & Platinum – The All-American Rejects". Recording Industry Association of America. http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?resultpage=1&table=SEARCH_RESULTS&action=&title=&artist=The%20All-American%20Rejects&format=&debutLP=&category=&sex=&releaseDate=&requestNo=&type=&level=&label=&company=&certificationDate=&awardDescription=&catalogNo=&aSex=&rec_id=&charField=&gold=&platinum=&multiPlat=&level2=&certDate=&album=&id=&after=&before=&startMonth=1&endMonth=1&startYear=1958&endYear=2009&sort=Artist&perPage=25. Capaian 2009-02-17.
- "Artist Singles Chart History – The All-American Rejects". Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/retrieve_chart_history.do?model.chartFormatGroupName=Singles&model.vnuArtistId=491174&model.vnuAlbumId=1200102. Capaian 2009-02-17.
- "Chart Stats – The All-American Rejects". Chart Stats. Diarkibkan dari yang asal on 2012-07-28. http://archive.is/lcvy. Capaian 2009-02-17.
- "Discography The All-American Rejects". Australian-charts.com. http://australian-charts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=The+All-American+Rejects. Capaian 2009-02-17.
- SABIAN Cymbals - Chris Gaylor
- Rock Band Song List
- "Discography The All-American Rejects". Australian-charts.com. http://newsok.com/oklahoma-music-hall-of-fame-names-new-inductees/article/3280544. Capaian 2009-02-17.
- [http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/09/03/all-american-rejects-title-new-lp-when-the-world-comes-down/ "Oklahoma hall of fame to induct musicians Entertainment: The All-American Rejects will close out ceremony and concert"]. NewsOK. http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/09/03/all-american-rejects-title-new-lp-when-the-world-comes-down/. Capaian 2009-03-23.
- MTV World Stage Live In Malaysia http://worldstage.mtvasia.com
- "All American Rejects – Rejects Cancel Shows After Ritter's Mysterious Injury". Contactmusic.com. http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/rejects-cancel-shows-after-ritters-mysterious-injury_1117914. Capaian 2009-10-03.
- "The All-American Rejects Cancel Shows Following Tyson Ritter's Injury". All Headline News. http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7016575738?The%20All-American%20Rejects%20Cancel%20Shows%20Following%20Tyson%20Ritter%27s%20Injury. Capaian 2009-10-03.
- Ziyah. "All American Rejects: Mike Kennerty". ShaveMagazine.com. http://www.shavemagazine.com/entertainment/090801/3. Capaian 2009-08-18.
Pautan luar[sunting | sunting sumber]
|Wikimedia Commons mempunyai media berkaitan: The All-American Rejects|
- Tapak sesawang rasmi
- The All-American Rejects di MySpace
- The All-American Rejects at Rolling Stone
- Mike Kennerty Interview at Shave Magazine