Jump to navigation Jump to search
Huxley pada tahun 1954
|Info kelahiran||Aldous Leonard Huxley|
26 Julai 1894
Godalming, Surrey, England
|Kematian||22 November 1963 (umur 69)|
Los Angeles County, California, Amerika Syarikat
|Kubur||Compton, Surrey, England|
|Pekerjaan||Penulis, penulis novel|
|Pusat pendidikan||Kolej Balliol, Oxford|
Karya terpilih[sunting | sunting sumber]
- 1921 Crome Yellow
- 1923 Antic Hay
- 1925 Those Barren Leaves
- 1928 Point Counter Point
- 1932 Brave New World
- 1936 Eyeless in Gaza
- 1939 After Many a Summer
- 1944 Time Must Have a Stop
- 1948 Ape and Essence
- 1955 The Genius and the Goddess
- 1962 Island
- Short story collections
- 1920 Limbo
- 1922 Mortal Coils
- 1924 Little Mexican (US title: Young Archimedes)
- 1926 Two or Three Graces
- 1930 Brief Candles
- 1944 Collected Short Stories
Rujukan[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Watt, Donald, penyunting (1975). Aldous Huxley. Routledge. m/s. 366. ISBN 0-415-15915-6. Dicapai 10 April 2016.
Inge's agreement with Huxley on several essential points indicates the respect Huxley's position commanded from some important philosophers … And now we have a book by Aldous Huxley, duly labelled The Perennial Philosophy. … He is now quite definitely a mystical philosopher.
- Sion, Ronald T. (2010). Aldous Huxley and the Search for Meaning: A Study of the Eleven Novels. McFarland & Company, Inc. m/s. 2. ISBN 978-0-7864-4746-6. Dicapai 10 April 2016.
Aldous Huxley, as a writer of fiction in the 20th century, willingly assumes the role of a modern philosopher-king or literary prophet by examining the essence of what it means to be human in the modern age. … Huxley was a prolific genius who was always searching throughout his life for an understanding of self and one's place within the universe.
- Reiff, Raychel Haugrud (2010). Aldous Huxley: Brave New World. Marshall Cavendish Corporation. m/s. 7. ISBN 978-0-7614-4278-3.
He was also a philosopher, mystic, social prophet, political thinker, and world traveler who had a detailed knowledge of music, medicine, science, technology, history, literature and Eastern religions.
- Sawyer, Dana (2002). Aldous Huxley: A Biography. The Crossroad Publishing Company. m/s. 187. ISBN 978-0-8245-1987-2. Dicapai 10 April 2016.
Huxley was a philosopher but his viewpoint was not determined by the intellect alone. He believed the rational mind could only speculate about truth and never find it directly.