Bantuan:IPA for Thai and Lao
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Notes[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Allophone in Northern Thai language
- Not present in Standard and Southern Thai
- Standard and Southern Thai only
- Vowels' diacritics are shown on a dotted circle "◌".
- More diphthongs occur in the pattern /Vw/ or /Vj/: /aj, aːj, aw, aːw, iw, uj, uːj, ew, eːw, ɛːw, ɤːj, oːj, ɔːj, iow, uɛj, ɯɛj/.
- Each first element in the listing represents a Thai diphthong, hence with /a/ as the ending vowel (according to Tingsabadh, Kalaya (1993). "Thai". Journal of the International Phonetic Association. 23 (1): 24–28. doi:10.1017/S0025100300004746. Unknown parameter