Dear Land of Guyana, of Rivers and Plains
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Dear Land of Guyana, of Rivers and Plains|
|Penulis||Archibald Leonard Luker|
|Penggubah||Robert Cyril Gladstone Potter|
Dear Land of Guyana merupakan lagu kebangsaan Guyana yang dipillih sebulan sebelum kemerdekaan pada 1966, liriknya ditulis Archibald Leonard Luker manakalanya lagu tersebut digubah Robert Cyril Gladstone Potter.
Lirik Lagu[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Dear land of Guyana, of rivers and plains;
- Made rich by the sunshine, and lush by the rains,
- Set gem like and fair, between mountains and sea,
- Your children salute you, dear land of the free.
- Green land of Guyana, our heroes of yore,
- Both bondsmen and free, laid their bones on your shore.
- This soil so they hallowed, and from them are we,
- All sons of one Mother, Guyana the free.
- Great land of Guyana, diverse though our strains,
- We are born of their sacrifice, heirs of their pains,
- And ours is the glory their eyes did not see,
- One land of six peoples, united and free.
- Dear land of Guyana, to you will we give,
- Our homage, our service, each day that we live;
- God guard you, great Mother, and make us to be
- More worthy our heritage, land of the free....