Parker Christian Posey
8 November 1968
Parker Christian Posey (lahir pada 8 November 1968) merupakan pelakon A.S., yang terkenal pada 1990-an, selepas banyak lakonan di dalam filem bebas. Jadi, beliau dirujuk sebagai "Queen of the Indies".
Biografi[sunting | sunting sumber]
Kehidupan awal[sunting | sunting sumber]
Posey yang dilahirkan di Baltimore, Maryland, anak perempuan Lynda, a chef, and Chris Posey, who owned a Chevrolet dealership. She has a fraternal twin brother, Christopher. Posey's unisex first name was a tribute by her father to 1950s supermodel Suzy Parker. After Posey's birth, the family moved to Laurel, Mississippi where her mother worked as a chef and culinary instructor for the Viking Range Corporation in Greenwood, MS, and her father, after coming back from the Vietnam War with long time friend Bill Pearson, opened a dealership named Posey Chevrolet in Laurel, Mississippi. The family also lived in Monroe, Louisiana. Posey was raised in the Catholic religion.
Kerjaya filem[sunting | sunting sumber]
Posey attended the State University of New York at Purchase, where she roomed with actress Sherry Stringfield. Posey's first break was in television, when she won the role of Tess Shelby on the daytime soap opera As the World Turns. (Stringfield, Posey's roommate, was also cast on the daytime drama Guiding Light at about the same time.) Posey's first major role in a feature film was in Dazed and Confused (1993).
Throughout the late 1990s, Posey starred in a large number of independent films and was named Queen of the Indies by Time Magazine, which cited 32 independent films to her credit, including Personal Velocity, Clockwatchers, Party Girl, and The House of Yes, for which she received especially positive reviews for her portrayal of a delusional woman in love with her own brother. She is part of the acting ensemble that appears in director Christopher Guest's films, including his four mock documentaries (Waiting for Guffman in 1996, Best in Show in 2000, A Mighty Wind in 2003, and For Your Consideration in 2006). Posey is also a favorite of director Hal Hartley. She appeared in Henry Fool (1998), two of his shorts, Opera No. 1 (1994) (with Adrienne Shelley, another Hartley regular) and "Sisters of Mercy" (2004). Posey also starred in his most recent film, Fay Grim (2006). Posey received acclaim for her performance in Zoe Cassavetes directorial debut Broken English in 2007.
Posey has had supporting roles in several big budget studio films, including Scream 3 (2000), You've Got Mail (1998), Josie and the Pussycats (2001), Laws of Attraction (2004) and Blade: Trinity (2004). She also had a small but notable performance in Superman Returns, playing Kitty Kowalski, an assistant to villain Lex Luthor.
Kerja televisyen[sunting | sunting sumber]
Although Posey primarily works in film, she has appeared in several television projects.
- Posey appeared in the television miniseries adaptations of the Armistead Maupin Tales of the City books; her character, Connie, was featured in the original 1993 series and the 1998 miniseries "sequel" covering the second book.
- In 2000, she provided the voice of Umbriel the mermaid in the Futurama episode "The Deep South."
- Also in 2000, Parker provided the voice of Becky in an episode of The Simpsons titled "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge."
- She has also had a recurring role on the television series Will & Grace, as Dorleen, Jack's high-maintenance boss at Barneys New York.
- Posey appeared on the season one finale episode of Project Runway in 2005. She was a spectator at New York Fashion Week, and also a judge alongside Nina Garcia, Michael Kors, and German supermodel/host Heidi Klum.
- In 2006, Posey guest-starred as the ambitious, back-stabbing lawyer Marlene Stanger in the legal drama Boston Legal.
Posey was also considered for the role of Rachel Green in Friends. Other notable roles she was seriously considered for are Kimmy in My Best Friend's Wedding (which Cameron Diaz got), and Althea in The People vs. Larry Flynt, which went to Courtney Love.
Posey will be starring in the up-coming Fox series The Return of Jezebel James.
Kerja-kerja lain[sunting | sunting sumber]
Posey made her stage debut in 2001, and has worked regularly on the stage since. Posey also dabbles in music; she can play the mandolin. She learned to play as preparation for her role in A Mighty Wind (2003), a film in which she also sang. She used her vocal talents on several records of her ex-boyfriend, Ryan Adams, whom she dated until early 2005. She also played the mandolin on The Dandy Warhols track "I Am Sound" from their Welcome to the Monkey House LP.
She is also the subject of several songs:
- She is the subject of a tribute song by Stuart Davis on his 2006 album ¿What.
- L.A. based rappers Trilambs also recorded a song titled Parker Posey in 2001.
- Musical project Forms of Things Unknown recorded an experimental music instrumental called From Here to Parker Posey.
Beginning in February 2006, Posey appeared in a commercial for Pepsi Cola opposite Jimmy Fallon, dancing to the song "Newton - Streamline". It was prominently aired during the FOX broadcasts of the 2006 World Series in October, and a longer version has also aired in movie theaters. She is a contributing editor to Open City, a literary magazine whose editor, Thomas Beller, she once dated.
Posey has appeared on the cover of Lucky magazine, an online shopping site.
Kehidupan peribadi[sunting | sunting sumber]
Posey enjoys pottery. In the past, she has dated Stuart Townsend. Posey lives in the East Village on East 10th Street with her Bichon Frisé-Maltese mix dog named Gracie. She lives across the street from 80's teen actress Molly Ringwald. Parker dated Ryan Adams until 2005.
Lakonan[sunting | sunting sumber]
|1993||Dazed and Confused||Darla Marks|
|Kicking and Screaming||Miami|
|1997||The House of Yes||Jacqueline "Jackie-O" Pascale|
|The Daytrippers||Jo Malone|
|Waiting for Guffman||Libby Mae Brown|
|1998||Henry Fool||Fay Grim|
|You've Got Mail||Patricia Eden|
|2000||Best in Show||Meg Swan|
|Scream 3||Jennifer Jolie|
|2001||The Anniversary Party||Judy Adams|
|Josie and the Pussycats||Fiona|
|2002||The Sweetest Thing||Judy Webb|
|2003||A Mighty Wind||Sissy Knox|
|2004||Blade: Trinity||Danica Talos|
|Frankenstein||Detective Carson O'Conner|
|Laws of Attraction||Serena|
|2005||Adam & Steve||Rhonda|
|2006||For Your Consideration||Callie Webb|
|Fay Grim||Fay Grim|
|The OH in Ohio||Priscilla|
|Superman Returns||Kitty Kowalski|
|2007||Broken English||Nora Wilder|
Rujukan[sunting | sunting sumber]
- ^ "salinan arkib". Diarkibkan daripada yang asal pada 2012-05-26. Dicapai pada 2007-09-24.
- ^ http://www.indexmagazine.com/interviews/parker_posey.shtml
Pautan luar[sunting | sunting sumber]
- (Inggeris) Parker Posey di Pangkalan Data Filem Internet (IMDb)
- (Inggeris) ParkerPosey.org (Inggeris)
Error: tiada nama laman disertakan (help).