|Disunting oleh||Mark Livolsi|
|Muzik oleh||Marcelo Zarvos|
|Pecah panggung||$102.3 juta|
Wonder adalah sebuah filem drama Amerika 2017 diarah oleh Stephen Chbosky dan dikarang oleh Jack Thorne, Steve Conrad, dan Chbosky, berdasarkan novel dengan nama sama 2012 oleh R.J. Palacio. Filem ini dibintangi Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson, dan Jacob Tremblay, dan mengikuti seorang kanak-kanak dengan sindrom Treacher Collins cuba untuk menyesuaikan diri. Wonder ditayangkan di Amerika Syarikat pada 17hb November, 2017, oleh Lionsgate, dan telah mencatatkan $ 102 juta di seluruh dunia dengan belanjawan $ 20 juta.
Jalan cerita[sunting | sunting sumber]
August "Auggie" Pullman is a fifth-grade boy living in North River Heights in upper Manhattan. He has a rare medical facial deformity, which he refers to as "mandibulofacial dysostosis". Due to numerous surgeries, Auggie had been home-schooled by his mother Isabel, but as Auggie is approaching middle school age, Isabel and Nate decide to enroll him in Beecher Prep, a private school, for the start of middle school. At first, Auggie is ostracized by nearly all the student body, but he is soon befriended by a boy named Jack Will.
During Halloween, Auggie wears an old "Ghost Face" mask and costume because his dog, Daisy, threw up on his "Boba Fett" costume. Unrecognized, he walks around school knowing he would not get tormented while incognito. As he walks through the door to his homeroom he overhears Jack telling Julian Albans that he was "only pretending to be friends with Auggie". Feeling betrayed, Auggie wants to stay home during trick-or-treating, but his older sister Olivia, nicknamed "Via", talks him out of it. Auggie later confides the incident to another friend, a girl named Summer, but swears her to secrecy. When Jack notices that Auggie has become quiet and distant he asks Summer why, but she only says "Ghost Face" to give him a clue. Jack is shocked when it dawns on him that it was Auggie wearing the Ghost Face costume, and thus had overheard everything he said to Julian. When Julian calls Auggie a "freak," Jack angrily punches him in the face and a fight ensues between the two, which is soon broken up by Mr. Browne and Ms. Petosa. Jack is suspended for two days for his actions, and apologizes to Auggie, and the two reconcile.
During the rest of the school year, Auggie is repeatedly bullied by Julian and his group; they leave hurtful and threatening notes on his desk and tape to his locker their class picture with Auggie photoshopped out. Mr. Tushman, confronts Julian and his parents using all the evidence; Julian's mother proclaims that she had had Auggie edited out of the photo to make it look more presentable to her friends at home. She then says that other students should not be exposed to Auggie. Despite her threats to pull their funding from the school, Tushman suspends Julian for two days. Julian, who stands to lose all his friends, apologizes to Tushman for humiliating Auggie, as his mother drags him out the door.
Meanwhile, Via signs up for Drama Club at her high school after her best friend, Miranda, ignores her; in the process, she meets Justin, with whom she develops a close friendship which later turns into a relationship. Later, Via is selected to be an understudy for the lead role in the school's production of "Our Town", but when Miranda, the lead actress, pretends to fall ill, Via takes her place and gives a performance that earns her a standing ovation.
During a school trip to a nature reserve, when Auggie and Jack are accosted and threatened by a group of seventh graders from another school, several of Julian's friends come to their defense. After their return to school, Auggie is generally more accepted by his classmates, including most of Julian's former friends. At the year's end during the graduation ceremony, Tushman announces that Auggie has been selected for the Henry Ward Beecher Medal for standing out; Auggie receives a standing ovation, and the movie ends with everyone applauding Auggie, and Isabel commenting on him being a "wonder".
Cast[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Julia Roberts as Isabel Pullman, Via and Auggie's mother and Nate's wife
- Owen Wilson as Nate Pullman, Via and Auggie's father and Isabel's husband
- Jacob Tremblay as August "Auggie" Pullman, Via's brother and Isabel and Nate's son who was born with Treacher Collins syndrome
- Izabela Vidovic as Olivia "Via" Pullman, Auggie's sister and Isabel and Nate's daughter
- Mandy Patinkin as Mr. Tushman, the principal of the school
- Daveed Diggs as Mr. Browne, an English teacher at the school and Auggie's home room teacher
- Noah Jupe as Jack Will, Auggie's best friend at school
- Danielle Rose Russell as Miranda, Via's best friend
- Nadji Jeter as Justin, Via's boyfriend
- Millie Davis as Summer, Auggie's friend
- Ali Liebert as Ms. Petosa, Auggie's science teacher
- Elle McKinnon as Charlotte
- Bryce Gheisar as Julian Albans, the school bully and main antagonist
- James Hughes as Henry
- Ty Consiglio as Amos
- Kyle Harrison Breitkopf as Miles
- Crystal Lowe as Sarah Albans, Julian's mother
- Sonia Braga as Mrs. Russo, Isabel's mother
- Laura Mozgovaya as Julian's sister
- Gidget as Daisy, Auggie's dog
Production[sunting | sunting sumber]
On November 27, 2012, it was announced that Lionsgate was developing the feature film adaptation of R. J. Palacio's debut novel Wonder, while in talks with John August to write the screenplay. Mandeville Films' David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman would be producing the film. On May 8, 2013, Jack Thorne was hired to adapt the novel, while August, who was previously reported as writer, had departed from the project. In October 2014, John Krokidas was reported to be directing the film, but in April 2015, Paul King was hired to take the directing duties. Steven Conrad was writing the script at that time.
On April 14, 2016, Jacob Tremblay was cast in the film to play the lead role as Auggie Pullman, while Julia Roberts was in talks to play Auggie's mother. On May 5, 2016, Roberts was confirmed to play the mother, with Stephen Chbosky signed on to direct the film. On June 27, 2016, Owen Wilson had joined the film to play Auggie's father. On July 11, 2016, newcomer Noah Jupe joined the film to play Auggie's best friend at school. On July 15, 2016, Daveed Diggs was cast in the film to play Mr. Browne, an English teacher at the school. On August 19, 2016, Sonia Braga joined the cast of the film, portraying the role of Roberts' character's mother.
Jacob's prosthetic makeup, designed and created by Arjen Tuiten, took an hour and half to apply. It consisted of a skull cap with prosthetic ears attached, a facial prosthetic that covered Jacob's face, and a wig to tie it all together.[perlu rujukan]
Music[sunting | sunting sumber]
Bea Miller composed a song entitled "Brand New Eyes". It was released on August 3, 2017.
Wonder author R.J. Palacio has often credited Natalie Merchant's song “Wonder” from her 1995 album Tigerlily as the inspiration for her best-selling book and at Merchant's invitation, the song will be featured in the soundtrack.
Pelepasan[sunting | sunting sumber]
Wonder dijadualkan dikeluarkan di Amerika Syarikat pada 7 April 2017 oleh Lionsgate. Pada 13 Februari 2017, ia diumumkan bahawa tarikh keluaran Wonder telah ditolak balik ke 17 November, 2017.
Box office[sunting | sunting sumber]
Sejak dari Disember 3, 2017[kemas kini], Wonder telah melonjak $88 juta di Amerika Syarikat dan Kanada, dan $ 12.2 juta di wilayah lain, untuk jumlah keseluruhan $ 100.2 juta di seluruh dunia, berbanding anggaran pengeluaran $20 juta.
Di Amerika Syarikat dan Kanada, Wonder dibebaskan bersama Justice League dan The Star pada mulanya dijangka merosot sekitar $9 juta dari 3,096 pawagam pada hujung minggu pembukaannya. Walau bagaimanapun, selepas menyaksikan $ 740,000 dari preview malam Khamis dan menerima sejumlah besar jualan tiket kumpulan, unjuran hujung minggu meningkat kepada $15 juta. Unjuran akhir minggu sekali lagi meningkat, kali ini menjadi $28 juta, selepas filem itu membuat $9.4 juta pada hari pertama. Filem ini debut pada $27.1 juta, yang kedua di box office di belakang Justice League. Pada hujung minggu kedua filem itu jatuh hanya 17.7%, mencecah $ 22.7 juta dan finishing ketiga di box office.
Sambutan kritikal[sunting | sunting sumber]
Pada agregator kajian Rotten Tomatoes, filem ini mempunyai rating kelulusan sebanyak 85% berdasarkan 122 ulasan, dengan penarafan rata-rata 7/10. Kesepakatan kritikal ini berbunyi, "'Wonder tidak menghindar dari sentimen bahan sumber terlarisnya, tetapi drama yang berperilaku baik dan menyeluruh ini menghasilkan tugnya di tengah-tengah jantung." Pada Metacritic, yang memberikan penarafan yang dinormalisasi kepada ulasan, filem itu mempunyai skor purata berwajaran sebanyak 68 daripada 100, berdasarkan 31 pengkritik, menunjukkan "ulasan yang menguntungkan secara umum". Pemirsa yang ditonton oleh CinemaScore memberikan filem itu gred purata "A +" pada skala A + hingga F, salah satu daripada 80 filem dalam sejarah perkhidmatan untuk menerima skor tersebut.
Rujukan[sunting | sunting sumber]
- "Film releases". Variety Insight. Dicapai pada June 10, 2017.
- "WONDER". Lionsgate Press. Dicapai pada 2017-07-26.
- "Will 'Justice League' Perform Like 'Wonder Woman' or 'Suicide Squad' at the Box Office?". TheWrap. November 14, 2017.
- "Wonder (2017)". Box Office Mojo. Dicapai pada December 3, 2017.
- Sneider, Jeff (November 26, 2012). "Lionsgate lining up John August to adapt 'Wonder'". Variety. Dicapai pada June 28, 2016.
- Jr, Mike Fleming (May 8, 2013). "Lionsgate Taps Jack Thorne To Adapt R.J. Palacio Novel 'Wonder'". Dicapai pada July 16, 2016.
- Ford, Rebecca; Kit, Borys (October 7, 2014). "'Kill Your Darlings' Director to Helm YA Adaptation 'Wonder' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Dicapai pada July 16, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (April 23, 2015). "'Paddington' Director Books Lionsgate's YA Adaptation 'Wonder' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Dicapai pada July 16, 2016.
- Geier, Thom (April 14, 2016). "'Room' Star Jacob Tremblay in Talks for Lionsgate's 'Wonder'". TheWrap. Dicapai pada July 16, 2016.
- Kit, Borys; Ford, Rebecca (May 5, 2016). "Julia Roberts to Play Jacob Tremblay's Mother in 'Wonder'". The Hollywood Reporter. Dicapai pada July 16, 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (June 27, 2016). "Owen Wilson to Co-Star With Julia Roberts in 'Wonder' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Dicapai pada July 16, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (July 11, 2016). "'Night Manager' Actor Joins Julia Roberts, Jacob Tremblay in 'Wonder' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Dicapai pada July 16, 2016.
- Lincoln, Ross A. (July 15, 2016). "Tony Winner Daveed Diggs Joins Lionsgate's 'Wonder' In First Post-'Hamilton' Film Role". Deadline. Dicapai pada July 16, 2016.
- Kit, Borys (August 19, 2016). "Sonia Braga Playing Julia Roberts' Mother in 'Wonder' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Dicapai pada November 8, 2016.
- "Marcelo Zarvos to Score Steven Chbsoky's 'Wonder'". FilmMusicReporter. January 11, 2017. Dicapai pada January 13, 2017.
- "Wonder the Film". Natalie Merchant. Dicapai pada 6 November 2017.
- "Julia Roberts, Jacob Tremblay's Wonder gets spring 2017 release date". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. June 8, 2016. Dicapai pada August 10, 2016.
- "First Look! Julia Roberts and Jacob Tremblay Will Melt Your Heart in Wonder". People. August 10, 2016. Dicapai pada August 10, 2016.
- "Julia Roberts' Drama 'Wonder' Pushed to November". The Hollywood Reporter. Prometheus Global Media, LLC. February 13, 2017. Dicapai pada February 13, 2017.
- Anita Busch (November 14, 2017). "The Tale Of Two Films: Walden Media's 'The Star' & 'Wonder' Bow On Same Day".
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (November 17, 2017). "'Justice League' Powers To $13M Thursday Night; Beats 'Wonder Woman' – Friday AM Update". Deadline.com. Dicapai pada November 17, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (November 18, 2017). "'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened". Deadline.com. Dicapai pada November 18, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (November 26, 2017). "Thanksgiving B.O. At $268M, +3% Over 2016 Spurred By 'Coco' & Holdovers". Deadline.com. Dicapai pada November 28, 2017.
- "Wonder (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Dicapai pada November 22, 2017.
- "Wonder reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive Inc. Dicapai pada November 22, 2017.
Pautan luar[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Wonder di Pangkalan Data Filem Internet (IMDb)
- (Inggeris) Wonder di AllMovie
- Wonder (filem) di Box Office Mojo
- Wonder (filem) di Metacritic
- Wonder (filem) di Rotten Tomatoes