Templat:Random portal component/doc
This template generates a box for a portal home page. The content is drawn randomly from a pre-defined list. Using this template makes editing portal page easy!
To see a real time example, see what links here.
Here's a stale example of the output generated by this template.
- Create a subpage first. If your portal is Portal:Foo, then a subpage could be Portal:Foo/Selected picture.
- Under that subpage, create subpage to that page, named 1, 2, 3, ... with no prefixing 0. And it does not start with 0.
Using this template for your portal page is easy! Just include these parameters
- header:(optional) The header text of the box. If no header is passed to the template, the default is the subpage name.
- footer: (optional) The footer text in the box.e.g Nominations for selected picture
- subpage: The subpage of the transcluded page, e.g. Selected picture
- max: The maximum number of sub-subpages. Must be a positive integer.
- seed: (optional) The default seed is 17 and can be set to any other integer value (used to generate distinct values on the same page). Prime numbers work best, such as 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, 97, 101, 103, 107, 109, and 113.