|— kota metropolitan —|
|Commissioner||Dr. C.V.S.K. Sharma|
|Kawasan Parlimen||Hyderabad, Secunderabad|
|Nisbah jantina||1.07 ♂/♀|
|Bahasa rasmi||Telugu, Urdu|
|Zon masa||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|625 km2 (241 sq mi)
• 0 km (0 batu)
• 803 mm (31.6 in)
Hyderabad ialah ibu negeri Andhra Pradesh, India. Terletak di wilayah Andhra Pradesh . Penduduk seramai 6.1 juta orang dan menjadi bandar ke-6 terbesar di India. Hyderabad kaya dengan khazanah sejarah, budaya, senibina bangunan dan mempunyai watak unik Utara dan Selatan India. Hyderabad mempunyai penduduk berugama Islam dan Hindu dan mereka hidup dalam keadaan aman sejahtera walaupun berlainan ugama, budaya dan adat resam. Kini Hyderabad terkenal dengan pembangunan teknologi maklumat dan bioteknologi.
Etimologi[sunting | sunting sumber]
Ada beberapa teori asal usul bandar Hyderabad ini. Dikatakan pengasas bandar ini ialah Muhammad Quli yang jatuh cinta dan berkahwin dengan seorang wanita dari Banjara bernama Bhagamathi. Selepas memeluk Islam, wanita itu dinamakan Hyder Mahal . 'Abad' bermaksud bandar. Jadi Hyderabad bermaksud bandar Hyder.
Tempat menarik[sunting | sunting sumber]
- Tugu Charminar - the major landmark in Hyderabad with four graceful minarets.
- Istana Falaknuma - Built by Nawab Viqar al-Umra', a beautiful and stunning piece of architecture.
- Pelabuhan Golkonda - located on the outskirts of the city, Golconda Fort is one of the most magnificent fortress complexes in India.
- Istana Chowmahalla- It was the seat of Asaf Jahi dynasty, where the Nizam entertained his official guests and royal visitors. Built in 1750 by Nizam Salabat Jung and designed along the lines of the Shah's palace in Isfahan, this actually consists of a group of palaces each used as a Durbar Hall.
- Muzium Salar - houses the largest one-man collection of antiques in the world. Huge collection of artifacts dating back to a few centuries can be found here.
- Masjid Mekah - a stone-built mosque, immediately southwest of Charminar. Remarkable for its architecture, size and its royal splendor.This is one of the most beautiful masjid's in HYD
- Birla Mandir (Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh) - a Hindu temple made of white marble located on top of a hill overlooking the city.
- Birla Planetarium - located in the heart of the city on the panoramic hillock of Nawbat Pahad, the Birla Planetarium is a tribute to the advances made in science and technology.
- Chilkur Balaji - Temple of Lord Sri Venkateshwara. Around 23 km from Mehdipatnam. (This temple locally caught the name of "Visa Balaji" temple,as most of US Visa aspirants believe in Visa interview success after visiting this temple)
- Nehru Zoological Park - among the largest in Asia.
- Gandipet - A man-made lake, the largest in Hyderabad.
- Tasik Husain Sagar - A man-made lake that separates the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. It is famous also for the 18-metre tall Buddha statue on a platform island called "Rock of Gibraltar" in the middle of the lake, and for the Tank Bund that is the main road between the twin cities.
- Laad Bazaar - also called Chudi Bazaar is on the west of Charminar, and known for its exquisite bangles.
- Lotus Pond - A beautiful garden built around a pond situated in Jubilee Hills, said to have been designed by an Italian designer. This garden is currently maintained by the Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad. It is also home to a few rare species of birds.
- Taman Hyderabad - One of the best laid-out gardens in the country with buildings of the State Legislature, Jubilee Hall, etc.
- Purani Haveli - The official residence of the Nizam.
- Qutb shahi Tombs - Home for various Tombs dedicated to Rulers of Qutb shahi Dynasty, located at Shaikpet, near Golconda Fort.
- Paigah Tombs
- Kuil Sanghi - A temple dedicated to Lord Venkateshwara graces a promontory overlooking Sanghi Nagar.
- Snow World - An amusement park which enables citizens of this tropical city to experience very low temperatures and snow.
- Kuil Devi Wargal Saraswati - A temple located 50 km from Hyderabad towards medchal highway. It is mounted on a big rock, rtc buses are available on that route.
- Ramoji Film City (RFC) is the world’s largest integrated film studio complex, at nearly 2,000 acres. It is also one of Asia’s most popular tourism and recreation centres. Opened in 1996, it is located about 25 km from Hyderabad on Vijayawada National Highway(NH-9).
- Taman Botani Hyderabad Located in Kondapur, close to Hitec City
|Negeri dan wilayah India Ibu negeri India|
Agartala • Aizawl • Bangalore • Bhopal • Bhubaneswar • Chandigarh • Chennai (Madras) • Daman • Dehradun • Delhi • Dispur • Gandhinagar • Gangtok • Hyderabad • Imphal • Itanagar • Jaipur • Kavaratti • Kohima • Kolkata (Calcutta) • Lucknow • Mumbai (Bombay) • Panaji • Patna • Pondicherry • Pelabuhan Blair • Raipur • Ranchi • Shillong • Shimla • Silvassa • Srinagar • Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)