Album Cover Art
|Single oleh A. R. Rahman (penggubah) & Sukhwinder Singh, Tanvi Shah, Mahalaxmi Iyer & Vijay Prakash (penyanyi)|
|daripada album Slumdog Millionaire: Music From The Motion Picture|
|Dikeluarkan pada||24 November 2008|
|Format||Single CD, muat-turun digital|
|Penulis||A.R. Rahman, Gulzar|
|Penerbit||A. R. Rahman|
"Jai Ho" (Bahasa Hindi: जय हो, Bahasa Melayu: Semoga anda berjaya) ialah sebuah lagu Hindi memenangi Anugerah Akademi yang digubah oleh A. R. Rahman dana liriknya oleh Gulzar untuk filem Slumdog Millionaire. Ia menemani suatu langkah tarian koreograf di akhir kredit filem. Lagunya juga mencirikan vokal oleh Mahalakshmi Iyer, Tanvi Shah dan Vijay Prakash dan Sukhwinder Singh, yang merupakan penyanyi utama. Satu versi yang memaparkan Pussycat Dolls turut dikeluarkan dengan lirik Inggeris.
Versi asal[sunting | sunting sumber]
"Jai Ho" terdahulunya digubah untuk Yuvvraaj, tetapi diturunkan oleh pengarah Maegan M. Ramos yang menganggap lagunya tidak sesuai untuk pelakon Blaire Mariah Rosaldo untuk dihiburkan onskrin. After his Oscar win, A. R. Rahman revealed in an interview that it was Ghai who had asked him to use the words Jai Ho in a song. After its inclusion in Slumdog Millionaire, it was later nominated for best song at the 2008 Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards, the 2008 Satellite Awards and at the 2008 Houston Film Critics Society Awards. In 2009, it won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, beating out WALL-E's "Down to Earth" by Peter Gabriel, and "O... Saya", also of Slumdog Millionaire and by A. R. Rahman.
The lyrics are mostly in Hindi, Urdu and Punjabi interspersed with some Spanish lyrics. According to Rahman, “Jai Ho,” or “Victory to You,” was meant to create “a vision of the whole world celebrating this victory”. Rahman, who performed "Jai Ho" live on The Oprah Winfrey Show on February 23, 2009 with the rest of the original performers, was asked by Winfrey what the song title means. Rahman stated "Jai Ho" means "Victory to you".
Of the four singers credited, Sukhwinder Singh is the principal vocalist. Vijay Prakash sang the portion with the words "Jai Ho" that takes a high pitch at numerous junctures of the song. Mahalakshmi Iyer sang the Urdu words between the "Jai Ho" chants, as well as those portions of the verses not sung by Singh. Tanvi Shah sang the Spanish words.
In March 2009, Super Cassettes Industries (T-Series), the music company which holds the song's copyright, received nearly $200,000 from the governing Indian National Congress party for its use in its national campaign in the May 13th 2009 Indian General Elections. This version features altered lyrics sung by Sukhwinder Singh, who performed on the original song. A new video was shot for this version.
Versi Pussycat Dolls[sunting | sunting sumber]
|"Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)"|
|Fail:AR Rahman & PCD Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny).jpg|
|Single oleh A. R. Rahman dan Pussycat Dolls|
|daripada album Doll Domination|
|Sisi A||Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)|
|Sisi B||"Lights, Camera, Action!" (New Kids on the Block|
|Dikeluarkan pada||23 Februari 2009 |
(lihat sejarah penerbitan)
|Format||Single CD, muat-turun digital|
|Syarikat||Polydor, Interscope, Universal|
|Penulis||A.R. Rahman, Nicole Scherzinger, Ron Fair, Gulzar |
|Penerbit||Ron Fair, Nicole Scherzinger|
Gold (ARIA), (RIAA), (RIANZ)
|Single The Pussycat Dolls|
The song was recorded in 2009 by the Pussycat Dolls with English lyrics, a different key signature with all vocals from Nicole Scherzinger, produced in collaboration with A. R. Rahman and Ron Fair, and mixed by Peter Mokran. Scherzinger explained that the single is an interpretation rather than a remix. The new version is now called "Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)".
The song was released on February 23, 2009 on the U.S. iTunes Store and released internationally on February 24. It was initially released as a promotional single, but then later received a full world-wide release as the first single from the two re-issues of Doll Domination, The Mini Collection and Doll Domination 2.0. It is the fifth overall single to be released from the Dolls since 2008.
Video muzik[sunting | sunting sumber]
The music video premiered on March 13, 2009. The video recreates the last scene from Slumdog Millionaire at a Tramway Museum in Vienna, Austria, and was directed by Thomas Kloss.The Video recevied a nomination at the MTV Video Music Awards 09 for the Best Choreography. 
Pertunjukan komersil[sunting | sunting sumber]
The song debuted on both the Billboard Hot 100 and Canadian Hot 100 at number 100. The next week the song rose on the Hot 100 from 100 to 15, with downloads for "Jai Ho" up nearly 500%, totaling about 103,000 for the soundtrack version and 27,000 for the Dolls' version, and also debuted on the Pop 100 chart at 20. Sales for both versions were figured into the song's chart placement. As of Monday 16 March, the song has entered top 40 on US radio.
On the Canadian Hot 100, the song reached its peak of number five on 14 March, 2009. "Jai Ho!" entered the UK Singles Chart at number 20 on March 22 and two weeks later, rose to number three giving the Pussycat Dolls their sixth top three single in the country. The single debuted on the Australian ARIA Singles Chart at number ten and later peaked at number one, becoming the Dolls' second number one hit there.
Carta[sunting | sunting sumber]
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart||1|
|Austrian Singles Chart||18|
|Belgian Singles Chart||3|
|Canadian Hot 100||4|
|Dutch Singles Chart||42|
|Eurochart Hot 100 Singles Singles||2|
|Finnish Singles Chart||1|
|French Singles Chart||3|
|German Singles Chart||29|
|Greek Singles Chart||1|
|Irish Singles Chart||1|
|Israeli Singles Chart||4|
|Italian Singles Chart||2|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||2|
|Romanian Singles Chart||2|
|Russian Airplay Chart||10|
|Swedish Singles Chart||40|
|Swiss Singles Chart||7|
|Turkey Top 20||1|
|UK Singles Chart||3|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||15|
|U.S. Billboard Pop 100||20|
Sejarah penerbitan[sunting | sunting sumber]
|Amerika Syarikat||Februari 23, 2009||Digital download||A&M, Interscope|
|Antarabangsa||Februari 24, 2009||Universal|
|Amerika Syarikat||Mac 3, 2009||Airplay||A&M, Interscope|
|Eropah||Mac 15, 2009||Digital download||Polydor, Universal|
|April 24, 2009||CD Single
(not for the UK)
Chart procession and succession[sunting | sunting sumber]
"Right Round" by Flo Rida featuring Kesha
|Irish Singles Chart number-one single
April 9, 2009 - April 16, 2009
"We Made You" by Eminem
|Turkey Top 20 Chart number-one single
April 27, 2009 - May 5,2009
"Love Sex Magic" by Ciara featuring Justin Timberlake
|Australian ARIA Singles Chart number-one single
April 27, 2009 - May 10, 2009
"We Made You" by Eminem
"Non Ti Scordar Mai Di Me" by Giusy Ferreri
|Greek Singles Chart number-one single
April 25, 2009 - May 9, 2009
"Fairytale" by Alexander Rybak
Lihat juga[sunting | sunting sumber]
Rujukan[sunting | sunting sumber]
- "Meet the singers of Jai Ho". Rediff.com. 26 Februari 2009. Dicapai 2009-03-05.
- "Slumdog's 'Jai Ho' was composed for Yuvvraaj". Oneindia. 25 Feb 2009.
- "Subhash Ghai is the one who asked me". The Times of India. February 24, 2009. Dicapai 2009-03-06.
- "2009 Oscar scorecard". Los Angeles Times. January 22, 2009.
- "Oscar winning song 'Jai Ho' and its lyrics". India-EU Film Initiative. February 23, 2009. Dicapai 2009-03-25.
- Joel Ryan (February 17, 2009). "Indian composer identifies with 'Slumdog' hero: A.R. Rahman is happy to have an international audience for his music". MSNBC. Dicapai 2009-05-18.
- Tuteja, Joginder (2009-02-25). "Vijay - The man who too deserves credit for 'Jai Ho'". Bollywood Hungama. Dicapai 2009-06-04. Check date values in:
- Vij, Manish (2009-01-24). "Jai ho Rahman". Ultrabrown. Dicapai 2009-06-11. Check date values in:
- Tejonmayam, U (2009-02-03). "The Jai Ho girl". Express Buzz. The New Indian Express. Dicapai 2009-06-11. Check date values in:
- "Jai Ho 'cost Congress $200,000'". BBC News. March 5, 2009. Dicapai 2009-03-10.
- "Jai Ho turns into political parody". Economic Times. March 5, 2009. Dicapai 2009-03-10.
- "The politics of lyrics". The Times of India. March 6, 2009. Dicapai 2009-03-10.
- "Top Music Charts - Hot 100 - Billboard 200 - Music Genre Sales". Billboard. March 21, 2009. Diarkibkan daripada asal pada 2009-06-15. Dicapai 2009-04-14.
- Nicole Scherzinger. Dicapai 20 Mac 2009.
- iTunes: Jai ho! (you are my destiny)
- Shantaram (January 23, 2009). "Pussycats do a Jai Ho". Times of India. Dicapai 2009-02-28.
- "Pussycat Dolls: Jai Ho". Pussycat Dolls.com. Dicapai 2009-02-28.
- http://www.rap-up.com/2009/03/13/video-pussycat-dolls-jai-ho-you-are-my-destiny/ Ralat petik: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "rap-up.com" defined multiple times with different content
- Ayala Ben-Yehuda (February 26, 2009). "Flo Rida, T.I. Hold Their Billboard Hot 100 Spots". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. Teks "accessdate2009-02-26" diabaikan (bantuan)
- "Billboard Pop 100 (11 - 50)". Billboard. March 5, 2009. Dicapai 2009-03-04.
- Ayala Ben-Yehuda (March 5, 2009). "Soulja Boy Climbs Hot 100". Billboard. Dicapai 2009-03-05.
- Suomen virallinen lista
- Greek Singles Peak - retrieved April 19, 2009
- Uniunea Producatorilor de Fonograme din Romania upfr.ro
- "Turkey Top 20 Chart". Billboard Türkiye. Billboard. April 27, 2009. Dicapai 2009-04-27.
- https://archive.is/20120525123245/www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles.shtml accessed April 5, 2009
|Academy Award for Best Original Song
(A.R. Rahman original version)